Sunday, February 12, 2006

Just another weekend

Well, Bob and I finally had a normal weekend for a change. Every weekend this year we've either been sick or out of town, or Bob's had to work. It was nice to get back into our normal routine.

This was the last weekend for one of our ministers at Southland. He's going to a church in Boulder, Colorado. It was amazing to hear about the church. There is so much diversity in the world that we rarely get to interact with unless we go outside our comfort zone. I pray his ministry will be strong in Boulder.

Lexington got some snow this weekend. We got a couple of inches, I guess. Nothing to write home about. Actually, the snow told on someone... there are tire tracks right through the nice grassy area in the middle of my neighborhood. Shame on whomever did that!

Today I am finally taking down my Christmas decorations. Yes, I still have them up! I guess I reallllly like them. :-)

I'm already thinking about making another trip to Philly in the spring. I enjoy looking at the pictures on the blog Sally set up for him. I check it every day to see if there are updates. (Same with Becky's blog... love seeing those pictures of Drew!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan! How have you been? It was great to see all your pictures on here and "get caught up." I too will soon have a nephew. Rick & Sara are expecting Kressin at the end of May!!
Question: You said one of your pastors moved to Boulder. What church, do you know? I am interviewing by phone on Thursday with a school in Boulder (www.naropa.edu) I want to study religion in order to be a [paid] youth leader or a prison or hospital chaplain. It's far and it's scary, but I know it's the right thing to do.
Well, hope you have a great week and I look forward to seeing you in June. Bring games! Love, your cousin RheAnn

Susan said...

Hi RheAnn, I'm not sure what the church's name is, but it meets in a mall. There are a wide variety of people who attend--people who are trying to overcome drug addictions, former prostitutes, homosexuals, etc. It is a church trying to reach out to those we often consider unlovable. I'll see if I can find out more about it and get back with you. I look forward to seeing everybody in June, too. Unfortunately Bob won't be able to come b/c it's his 20th high school reunion. Hopefully he'll be there next year though. Take care, Susan

Susan said...

By the way, the pastor's name is Jim Bergen.